TodaysMamaand GameStopare giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family?
I wish for my family to be together for Christmas. Gary's only been gone for 6 weeks, but it seems so much longer this year. Perhaps it's because we knew it would be short. Here's hoping all of his flights leave on time and there are no delays.
2. What is your Christmas morning / Hanukkah Nightly tradition?
We actually celebrate Christmas and Chanukah. We celebrate Christmas as a family tradition, since both Gary and I were raised as Christians and Chanukah as a religious holiday. For Chanukah, we stick to the basics. It is not a major Jewish holiday, and we treat it that way. We light the menorah candles each night. On Christmas morning, we stay in bed as long as possible. Then we all gather in the living room in our new pajamas and open presents together. We spend the rest of the day in our pajamas just enjoying each other.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?
A vacation for Gary and I.
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
We play lots of board games. The holidays are a time apart from the daily grind for our family. It brings us closer.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
Monopoly, Uno, Super Mario Bros (That's right, I'm from the Nintendo generation!), Dutch Blitz (a favorite that I haven't introduced to my children, yet.)
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?
Setting out milk and cookies for Santa. However, that tradition has morphed over the years. Once, we had to set out water and broccoli for Santa, because Gabriel thought Santa needed to lose weight. Now that Gabriel is aware of what's going on, he always suggests that Santa would prefer a beer.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas/Hanukkah-away-from-home trip?
I would go anywhere. We love traveling to secluded places for Christmas. We would like a cabin in the mountains, or a villa on the beach. As long as we're together, it doesn't matter.
8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
I'd have to say 3 DS's for the boys, but if we're talking three different things- DS, XBOX 360 w/ Kinect, and a PS3. We already have a Wii, and would love to be able to play some of the games that aren't available on Wii.
If you would like the chance to win an XBOX 360, a Wii, a Nintendo DS, and a $1000 Gamestop gift certificate, head over to Today's Mama to participate!