Two different people tagged me, M at The M Half of the M-n-J Show, and the Tatted Mom at Inklings of Life. That means I'm really loved, right, since everyone on the playground is chasing me? The only bad thing about being so loved is that you really have to stretch yourself thin, or in the case of this particular game of tag, answer twice as many questions.
Every game has rules, and this one is no exception. First, you have to give 11 random facts about yourself. Then, you answer the 11 questions the tagger asked you. Form 11 questions of your own. Finally, you tag 11 people. I always play to win, but I'm pretty sure this is a cooperative game. Darn it. Oh well. I'm still willing to play along.
- I am slowly discovering the artist hidden away inside me. When I was a kid, I loved art right up until I discovered I wasn't any good at it because I am horrible at drawing realistic things. I'm a grown up now, and I realize I don't have to be good at drawing things to be an artist. In fact, I'm a very good fiber artist.
- When I received my black belt, I thanked Yoda for his inspiring speech, "Do or do not... There is no try."
- I don't drink, because I don't like the way it makes me feel, but I have a tattoo of a whiskey bottle.
- I firmly believe in telepathy, and precognition. This is because I have had too much real life experience with it not to believe.
- My 8 year old son makes much better smoothies than I do. He is thinking about opening a stand.
- I love many of the rituals of Judaism. I've considered becoming a secular Jew. It would be a little awkward, considering the fact that I'm not a Jew.
- I have never been formally diagnosed with Celiacs. But, considering the fact that even a small amount of gluten consumption gives me a migraine, interferes with cognitive function, and causes me to have full body tremors, I'm pretty sure Celiacs is the diagnosis. I'm not willing to consume gluten to get the diagnosis.
- I have a love/hate relationship with homeschooling. If I could send all my children to school and know they were getting the education they need, they would be enrolled tomorrow. Preferably, they would start school this summer. I could use the break. I might even sew.
- I love chickens and cows. Passionately. I want them in my life.
- I enjoy learning languages. I'd like to know about 10.
- I have always wanted to have a lot of children. I wanted to have 12 or 13. You can blame M's in-laws. I grew up 'with' them, and wanted a bunch of children like them. Seriously. Only having three has been hard, but I've finally come to grips with it. I'm not even grieving anymore. I'm thankful for that.
M's questions, since she asked first.
- Grass or flowers? Fruits and vegetables, with flowers thrown in for beauty
- You run into someone you don't remember, but who clearly remembers you. How do you find out who this person is and in what part of your life you knew them? I ask them. I'm rather blunt that way.
- Boxers or briefs? boxers or boxer briefs. I love Captain America, but I prefer Batman.
- If you were given the chance to spend 1 million dollars (Canadian, American, Euros, whatever) and you were required to spend it on yourself, how would you spend it? If paying off the house is an option, that would come first. Then, laser hair removal for my legs. After that, I would travel all over the world. Oh, and outfit my house in bookshelves. And, I'd like to go back to school.
- Classic or contemporary? Gosh. It depends on what we're talking about. I'm very eclectic, and like both, in almost everything.
- How do you do it all? Poorly. I'm currently ignoring the fact that I have children.
- Beans or cornbread? Cornbread. The boys eat all the beans.
- What's playing most often on your CD/mp3 player/internet radio station? Audio books, also "We Are Young" by Fun, and lots of Beastie Boys. Kid Rock features a lot in there, too.
- Meat or veggies? Meat
- You are the star in a Hollywood blockbuster. Who is starring opposite you? Why? Jackie Chan- I'm always a spy in my dreams. I think a comedic action movie would be the best thing for me.
- Dessert or coffee? Dessert. I can't stand coffee.
And, because the honeymoon may be over with Tatted Mom, but I still love her:
- What motivates you to write? It makes me feel good. Kind of like chocolate.
- Dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate? Milk chocolate, unless strawberries are attached, and then white.
- What's one thing, when you were growing up, you swore you'd never do, but now that you are older, you find yourself doing all the time? Honestly? I can't think of anything!
- Uniforms: Hot or not? Hot, in more ways than one.
- What's one thing you would do if you were President? Didn't I already answer this in a really long comment on your blog? sheesh Now, I have to think again. I would kick all the education idiocy they've come up with over the last 12 years out the door.
- Sushi: Yes or no? NO!
- What celebrity do you have a major crush on (keep in mind, Ryan Gosling is taken)? Gerard Butler- It's the accent. His chest isn't too bad, either.
- Which current fashion trend do you wish would die? Skinny jeans on men.
- What's a nickname you've been given? Krissy, Teeni, Kris, Bourbon- none of which I'm called now, weird.
- If you crash landed on an island, which items in your purse would help you survive? My knitting needles and scissors. Time to repack the purse! Thanks a lot for adding to my paranoia.
- Would you ride a broomstick to get around instead of drive a car, if the option were made possible by modern technology? Anything that would allow me to fly is a must do in my book. But, who needs modern technology when you can have magic?
Whew. If you're still with me, I'm getting nosy about:
- Sally at Chancellor Manor
- Cindy at Elephant Soap
- Jennie at Cooper Family Farm
- Michelle at Rosetta Stone, because she clearly doesn't have enough to do
- Jennifer at A Different Path
- That's it. If you weren't tagged, and you want to play along, please do. Leave a comment to let us know, or just play along in the comments.
Questions to answer, should you choose to pick up this life changing challenge:
- How are you preparing for the zombie apocalypse?
- Do you remember your dreams? If so, what do you dream about the most?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, assuming teleportation was available and cheap, so that visiting friends and relatives in far off places would be easy, where would it be?
- Did you ever want to be a pioneer to settle other planets?
- Cake or pie?
- If you could pick one chore, and never have to do it again, what would it be?
- City or country mouse?
- Shoes or no shoes?
- Would you accept your invitation to Hogwarts?
- What do you like in your smoothies?
- What is your favorite form of exercise?