Friday, August 10, 2012

Log Cabin Blanket Complete

I finished my Log Cabin Blanket! I made a few modifications to the design, which is a really excellent design to begin with. The most significant modification is that I knocked the number of squares from 20 down to 16. I ran out of yarn, and was happy with the size of the blanket, so that's what I went with. It's still over 5' long, and at least 3' wide.

The other modification was mostly a convenience modification. The directions for knitting this require you to bind off and pick up stitches at every step. I chose to keep all stitches live so that I had minimal picking up, and almost no binding off. I didn't bind off any stitches until I did the outside edges. I used 4 circular needles to stitch the blocks. This allowed me to keep the stitches live and just work my way around the block. When I was finished with a block, I pulled scrap yarn through the stitches to keep them live. This make the knitting much, much easier.

I'd like to start another one, but make it using one colorway. I'm just trying to decide which colorway I like best.


  1. I love the colours you've used for your blanket, it's gorgeous.
    Ali x

  2. Wow! It's stunning. Your modifications sound great.


Please, be respectful. We're all friends here. We can disagree with respect.


Related Posts with Thumbnails