Throughout their short lives, I've had my children keep gratitude journals at different points. Each time, it's been because they've felt like nothing is going right, like they can't do anything right, etc. Each time, they have felt better as they realized how much they truly have to be thankful for.
It's time for me to start keeping a gratitude journal, and I will share some of it with you each week, along with Rachel.
1. I am thankful for a husband who lets his children rub his beard when they're contemplating something.
2. I am thankful for a husband who gives me the ability to follow my dreams.
3. I am thankful for children with great senses of humor.
4. I am thankful that my children are not morning people.
5. I am thankful that my children get along so well.
6. I am thankful that when my children accidentally give me a great idea for a painting, they aren't resentful of the fact that it probably means they won't see their mother much over the next couple weeks.
7. I am thankful for my hands, which work so hard and willingly to pursue my dreams.